[PD] Variable number of objects?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 21:59:49 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

Well, if you're sending hundreds of messages per second, and each message
contains hundreds of elements (that's what I assume you meant since you said
you'd be doing millions of checks), then you're getting dangerously close to
basically doing signal processing in the control domain.  And a big benefit of
doing things in the signal domain is to reduce the overhead that you'd have if,
for example, you computed every sample of a sinewave by sending messages.

One way save cpu is to not send the values that don't change.  There must be
a [list change] external somewhere to fit your needs.

-Jonathan