[PD] HELP Please! Pd-0.40.3-extended on Windows 7 with Fireface 400 to get 4 outs

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Tue Oct 4 16:10:24 CEST 2011

Hey Pd-ers,

This is an (kinda) urgent help call for Windows users.

I've been asked to do a live elecronics (with live instrument input)
with a patch made for Pd-0.40.3-extended (indicated by the author).

The (99% un-changable) setup is machine with Windows XP connected to a
Fireface 400 @ 44100.

I installed Pd with no problem and the device is seen under the ASIO
devices but I can only see pairs of two.
So my question are:
- how do I set the thing set-up to 1 in 4 out? (I'm used to jack on
linux where I simply specify the channels and then can route them
through jack)
- How do I get the lowest latency possible (ideally <= 8 ms) on such a
setup?

Thanks in advice for any help.
Lorenzo.