[PD] py/pyext

Benoît Pin pin at cri.ensmp.fr
Tue Oct 4 16:31:13 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the py/pyext extra on OSX 10.7 with Pd-extended 0.42.5. I managed to instantiate [py] and [pym] objects, but not [pyext …].

I tried to open the demo patch "attr-1.pd" and the [pyext simple ex3] object is dashed in red, and the console prints "pyext simple ex3 ... couldn't create". I've found on archives that the "scripts" folder needs to be in the pd search path (and it is the case for me). I've also checked this "scripts" folder and it contains a simple.py module within a ex3 class. So, everything should be ok, it seems. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. I guess that I'm missing some piece of information…

Any help will be appreciated.

Benoît Pin.