[PD] Synchronisation fo video and sound

Albena Baeva albenski5 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:50:45 CEST 2011

Thanks a lot,

I looked at the tutorial patches and they are really great. Now I get a
little bit further, I found that I have the same mistake with your patches
as with mine. "error: soundfiler_read: truncated to 4000000 elements" So the
buffer of the soundfile doesn't allow to get a bigger size of the sample
than this 4000000, and mine is a little bit more I guess. I tried to change
the size manually but it didn't help, it stays the same. So my next question
is :)) Is it possible to load bigger files in tabread4(or change it
somehow)? I suppose I can always divide the video into 2 clips and trigger
between them, but it will be more clean if I manage t do it with one clip.
best
albena

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com> wrote:

> because this is a very reoccurring question and the next question you will
> probably ask is:
> why is the sound playback stuttering when i play video in sync with it?
>
> i made those educational patches to address both questions:
> http://www.uni-weimar.de/medien/wiki/Audiovideo
>
> hope it helps.
> max
>
> Am 06.10.2011 um 11:25 schrieb Albena Baeva:
>

> > Hello List,
> >
> > I'm trying to synchronise film and it's sound in pd. I have several short
> clips exported as one longer video and separate audio file. I need to be
> able to start each one of them when I choose, but I loose synchronisation of
> sound an video. I first try to use this patch (
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boX0v54SqtU ) - I send to the right inlet
> of [phasor] the starting point of the video (/) by the total fim length.
> That worked with one of my video test, but with the real video that I have
> to use totally lost synchronisation. I send separately the begging point of
> the video to [counter] and [pix film]. Then I tried to use [phasor] as the
> play machine for both. But it still doesn't work- the problem this time is
> the speed of the sound sample is faster and the way the films change is
> pretty random, but there is synchronisation.
> > I attach part of my second try. I hope that will be enough to see where
> I' wrong
> > Thanks
> >
> > Albena
> > http://albena.posterous.com