[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Oct 7 01:03:08 CEST 2011

Le 2011-10-06 à 15:46:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

> Then there are cases like pdogg, where LICENSE.txt is GPL v2 but in
> README.txt the author writes that the license is LGPL.

Ok, this would be plain wrong, if it were the case. Then the author would
have to be contacted, in order to make things clear.

However :

   head -1 externals/pdogg/LICENSE.txt

gives :

   GNU LIBRARY GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE

which means LGPL.

>> latter case, there is currently no version after 3).
>
> How do I figure this out from the files inside a given libdir?

You can't. If it can make a difference for the Pd community, then the
authors of those files have to be contacted so that they rerelease the
same things with a more precise statement of license than just putting a
LICENSE.txt file there.

>> BTW, there are even cases where it just says GPL without version number.
>
> I believe those cases are where the only info I had was a statement in a
> README or somewhere that said "This software is released under the GPL".

Yeah. That's also the best you could do with the info that you didn't
have, but it still means that the info is incomplete.