[PD] how to change bp~ frequency at sample rate?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Oct 8 22:11:05 CEST 2011

On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 20:39:37 +0200
Menno van der Woude <mennowo at gmail.com> wrote:

> So far, [vcf~] has done a great job, thanks! Being able to also change
> resonance at sample rate would be nice. At this point, building an
> object like that is a bit beyond my level of expertise.

IIRC the [moog~] object has audio rate control of all its parameters.

> I am wondering, is there a distortion object around that can be
> controlled at sample rate? Both [dist~] and [overdrive~] give many
> clicks when real time control moves too fast.

Many object combinations can achieve this. [max~] and [min~]
provide simple floor and ceiling clips adjustable at audio rate.
More sophisticated methods are to use a [*~] scaling before
a [tanh~] or [sin~] function, or to index a [tabread4~]
containing a transfer you prepared. In this regard have a look at
making Chebyshev function tables which have interesting properties
when used for distortion.

> Browsing the extra folder of pd-extended, I did not come accross other
> distortion or similar objects. Which also makes me wonder: is there a
> way other than google or browsing the pd files, to find relevant
> objects?

Yes.

1) Use the help browser by category
2) Use the resources on puredata.info
3) Manually explore the /extra or /extern folder in your pd install
4) ++ more ++

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>