[PD] Pd-extended 20011007 auto-build crashes with MIDI input

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 03:27:50 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 01:28, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> pob posted a bug report on this issue:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3420680&group_id=55736&atid=478070
>
> I'll reiterate my comment:
>
> Does this happen on Pd-vanilla too? I have not MIDI gear to test this
> with. I do have a USB-MIDI thing, but no devices to attach to it. Any
> ideas for debugging?
>
> .hc

If I'm getting it right: on Linux you'd use seq24 to send MIDI and QJackCtl
to route it to Pd. On MSW you'll need some MIDI loopback software for
routing and I guess there's something built-in that plays .mid files when
you double click them (just don't let a software synth hijack it - I
wouldn't be surprised if that was built in too).

Andras