[PD] pd with syphon

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Oct 9 07:47:00 CEST 2011

Hey vade,

I think the starter guides are really some of the simpler objects.
IOhannes is in #dataflow from time to time, perhaps you could meet him
there to nail down the details.  It would be great to have Gem
supported.

.hc

On Oct 8, 2011, at 1:06 PM, vade wrote:

> I had looked into making a GEM object for Syphon. It looks pretty
> straightforward actually, i've just not had the time to do it.
> Basically, you would have an object that spat out a pix_texture that
> was a syphon client, and server that would take in a pix_texture and
> publish it. GEM looks like it has pretty standard wrappers for
> textures, so I dont think it would be a huge issue.
>
> Syphon works as 32 and 64 bit, I have no idea where/why anyone got
> any other idea. It is distributed as a fat binary framework, a quick
> check of "file" would tell you that, as well as the supported and
> integrated hosts (VDMX, Mad Mapper, etc, are 32 bit - in fact, im
> not sure anything other than Quartz Composer supports 64 bit?) :)
>
> I am 100% interested in doing this, I just need to find the time,
> and some good starter/how to/guides on GEM object dev.
>
> On Oct 7, 2011, at 8:45 AM, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
>
>> I looks like that Syphon provides both a SyphonClient &
>> SyphonServer.bundle, which is more in line with 1.5, not 1.0
>> freeframe
>> I cannot create a [pix_freeframe SyphonClient] file if that is what
>> you mean
>> I would love to be able to pipe GEM to Isadora on OSX
>>
>> pp
>>
>> From: Bastiaan van den Berg <buzz at spacedout.nl>
>> Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 16:43:46 +0200
>> To: "pd-list at iem.at" <pd-list at iem.at>
>> Subject: Re: [PD] pd with syphon
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 14:45, Pagano, Patrick <pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu
>> > wrote:
>>> Has anyone got pure data extended working with Syphon?
>>
>> Seems there is a freeframe plugin for syphon, pd supports
>> freeframe, doesnt it?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> buZz

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling
away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-
collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf