[PD] pulseaudio for Pd WAS: PD on iPhone

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Oct 9 20:04:14 CEST 2011

Le 2011-10-09 à 13:00:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> It would be really awesome to have a pulseaudio driver in Pd-vanilla
> (and Pd-extended).  Could you port your portaudio driver to Pd vanilla?

I adapted half of it from an example about libpulse-simple.so, the
simplified version of the API.

Most of the work on it was non-PulseAudio stuff, and similarly, most of
the work on s_audio_pulse.c wouldn't be about PulseAudio.

It's a good thing because that means not having to worry about copyrights
of my employer (although it's possible that it'll get open-sourced
eventually).

> I don't know if this is related, but your fellow Montrealer Patrick
> posted about pulse+libpd a while back:
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2011-02/086571.html

I didn't remember at all helping Patrick with that on IRC, but apparently,
I did (my log says so). Then I forgot everything about it and wrote a
similar thing 6 months later.