[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Oct 11 17:37:35 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 11:18 -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Le 2011-10-06 à 16:45:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :
>
> > Ok, I got confused with "Library" vs. "Lesser"
> >
> > LGPL v2 = GNU Library GPL
> > LGPL v2.1 = GNU Lesser GPL
> > LGPL v3.0 = most recent GNU Lesser GPL
> >
> > Is that unambiguous?
>
> yes, of course. (except for the possible « or later »).
>
> > Ok, I'll see what I can do.
> [...]
> > Ok.
>
> Btw I exchanged a few emails with Richard Stallman on the topic, but I
> didn't do it as fast as I could, esp as I didn't get the replies I wanted
> on pd-list. The main question was whether there was any canonical meaning
> to saying « pd as a whole is under the GPL3 » and it immediately went into
> the fact that several bundled things have unclear licenses and how bad it
> is.

Yes it is bad when there are incompatible licenses and things like that.
I work to make sure that everything in Pd-extended is GPLv3 compatible.
That's why pidip was removed, for example.  Everything in Pd-extended is
GPLv3, so you can use it under those terms with relative confidence.  If
you take bits and pieces and try to look for other licenses, then you
are on your own.