[PD] My library and stuff (filters, oscillators, etc.)

Mike Moser-Booth mmoserbooth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 00:11:43 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Patrice Colet <colet.patrice at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  thank you for sharing thoses patches!

No problem!

> balance.mmb~ is quite usefull, in it's help file I'd like to know why there is an amplitude modulation when changing cut-off frequency
> is this coming from level adjusting from balance.mmb~ or something else?

Yes, I believe so. It's using [env~] to estimate the rms value, and
when changing the cutoff the rms level isn't constant across the
analysis frame. Also, [env~] gives the previous frame as a message,
which is then converted back to an audio signal. So there's some delay
in the adjustment. I could try and make one that doesn't use [env~]
and stays in the audio domain and see if that helps.

>  In other help patches there are several objects missing,
> I guess they have been done with pd-extended,
>  but not all libraries are enabled by default in pdx,
>  so it's not easy to find out which one to use for having all your patches working.

Hmm, I'm using the default startup libraries for Pd-extended 0.42.5 on
OSX. But it didn't occur to me that people may have disabled them. I
think the only non-default library I used is iem_tab, and I believe
they're [import]ed. Beyond that, mostly cyclone and zexy.

> Why file browser likely won't work on windows?

IIRC, because it internally formats the paths without considering that
they could start with C: or whatever. It might work, I just haven't
tested it.

> where count~ come from?

cyclone

> why not make all your patches vanilla compatible?

It's not practical for all of them. Some of them require mouse
interaction, some require calculating long tables which [until] is too
slow for (hence iem_tab), and others just do things that I don't know
how to do in vanilla. ;-) There are likely a few things here and there
that could be vanilla and aren't, but in general I stick with vanilla
if it's practical to do so.

> in biquad.mmb~-help.pd it uses filtercoef.mmb~ instead of filtercoef.mmb,
> so there are errors in console because a bang is coming into inlet~

Ah, thanks. I think that was from copying from the [biquadm.mmb~] helpfile. :-)

.mmb