[PD] Reason for different keyboard behavior of vanilla numberbox and nbx (Number2)

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Mon Oct 17 16:07:26 CEST 2011

On 17/10/2011 15:48, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Le 2011-10-17 à 15:34:00, Roman Haefeli a écrit :
>
>> Actually, I can't think of a good reason not to be able to edit the
>> numberbox with the keyboard anymore after hitting <enter>.
>
> You mean the opposite of that, right ?
>
> BTW, this numberbox behaviour can interfere with keyboard-based patch
> edition schemes because <Return> would be assumed to mean «give up
> focus»

Honestly I would think something like <escape> would. But I guess there
is a subjective aspect to that (thinking for e.g. at programmes like
Inkscape or Rosegarden).

Lorenzo.

  so that people can use digits and other things (the letter e...)
> in keyboard commands about the patch (e.g. Jonathan's suggestion of
> using digits as shortcuts to select inlets/outlets by their index).

But on a numberbox? Or do you mean patch-wise, in this case
inlets/outlets of *which* object?

Lorenzo.