[PD] Simple motion analysis

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 17 19:30:21 CEST 2011

Sorry, you said simple, so that's a simple start :)  For making the
distinction between people walking and standing in place, a simple
thing would be to bump up the threshold of what counts as movement.
Another would be to do multi-blob detection and look for x,y movement
in a direction, or that exceeds a certain threshold.  Check the
'mapping' library (included in Pd-extended) for an array of techniques
of working with the data that will most likely be helpful here.

.hc