[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 builds are working again

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 17 20:48:04 CEST 2011

Hey Joe,

Zexy is back on Windows, so [date] and [time] should work again.  As
for [declare -path] I think the way it works best is if you have a
single folder for abstractions, so wet-dry-mono.pd would be in that
folder too.  Then you use [declare -path] in the top level patch so
that all of the abstractions inherit it.  I attached an example:

.hc

On Oct 6, 2011, at 2:42 AM, Joe Newlin wrote:

> Here is an example of what I meant. Also, I included a bonus
> screenshot of the 'open' dialog.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JN
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>
> The way I work when testing is to think about having everything
> running smoothly so when I'm inspired, Pd-extended has as smooth a
> workflow as possible.  Then when I working on projects using Pd, I
> don't hit these annoying issues.
>
> As for your abstraction, could you post it here so I can test with
> it?  Its hard to know what's going on just by a description.
>
> .hc
>
> On Oct 5, 2011, at 1:45 AM, Joe Newlin wrote:
>
>> I'm more than happy to contribute, but I remember being even
>> happier making music. Anyway, I just copied a compiled version of
>> zexy from an older installation on another computer and that works
>> fine (so far).
>>
>> But how about this: an abstraction (named wet-dry-mono.pd) in my
>> working directory of patches loads fine in one abstraction but not
>> in another - in the same patch.
>>
>> The abstraction that loads wet-dry-mono.pd ok is in that working
>> directory. The abstraction that does not load wet-dry-mono.pd ok is
>> in a subdirectory of the working directory, and said subdirectory
>> is loaded using [declare]. Not sure if those details are significant.
>>
>> On Oct 4, 2011, at 10:19 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Welcome to testing nightly builds!  It is annoying but it must be
>>> done, otherwise we never have stable builds.  Thanks for
>>> contributing! :-D  I think only zexy is not working currently.
>>> Its not building right on Windows and Mac OS X 10.5.  Everything
>>> else should work, let me know if otherwise.
>>>
>>> .hc

>>> Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a
>>> tactic.  It's about as sensible to say we declare war on night
>>> attacks and expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going
>>> to win the war on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general,
>>> William Odom

> "[W]e have invented the technology to eliminate scarcity, but we are
> deliberately throwing it away to benefit those who profit from
> scarcity."        -John Gilmore
>

> --
> www.joenewlin.net
> www.twitter.com/joe_newlin
>
> <test.zip><open-dialog.PNG>

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic