[PD] Reason for different keyboard behavior of vanilla numberbox and nbx (Number2)

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 21:30:15 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

Hmmm...

I think that's fine, because that is quite simply the behavior of numberbox.  Just because the user
entered the numberbox through a transient "Run mode" with <ctrl-click> doesn't mean that
the user only wants to enter only one value.

It would be the same for an object that was a Pd-ish implementation of a tk entry widget.  In
"Edit mode" if you control-click the text area of the entry widget, it should give you a cursor
and let you enter text, and do whatever it does when you click <Return>, because that's the
"Run mode" behavior for that object.

If Pd started to have a large collection of GUI user input/edition objects which use <Return>
as part of the input, it might be nice to add a standard key-binding to give up that object's
"Run mode" focus. (Maybe <ESC>?)

-Jonathan