[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 79, Issue 74

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 00:22:34 CEST 2011

Katja, that sounds like a nice approach. With sound file playback, I could just delwrite~ the audio 3 seconds so everything would resync. I'm going to have to go back and look at fft, again. I spent a lot of time figuring out how to use [fft~] a few years ago. I'm not quite clear on how to tell what Hz value each bin is indicating. Wait, is it as simple as sample-rate/block-size=Hz?

By the way, if I was starting at the beginning with [fft~] this is the place I would go to start figuring it out:
http://www.pd-tutorial.com/english/ch03s08.html
Many thanks to Johannes Kreidler for these excellent and thorough guides. It's an excellent place to discover new things, even for experienced users.

Sam