[PD] OT: CSound for Live

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Wed Oct 19 10:43:12 CEST 2011

Good to hear your thoughts folks.
I also have some doubts about this kind of initiatives.

I used to work in Live in a previous windowz existence, and what appear to
me as a dubious paradox is the attempt to extend a software which is
purposely limited by design into the wilder field of audio programming.
Obviously it's easy to argue for the added capabilities and potential that
Live users could benefit from, but I wonder how many of those users actually
demand such potential. As it has always been said here, those who really
need programming tools, will rather use them in a complete environment, than
a sketched hybrid.
It would be interesting to know whether this idea was proposed by Live or
CSound community.

cheers,

Portfolio: http://marcodonnarumma.com
Research: http://res.marcodonnarumma.com | http://www.thesaddj.com |