[PD] Patch Contest Thread/List

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:41:54 CEST 2011

I'll prototype something when I get some time. It'd be a fairly straightforward app, forms to submit themes. Then probably just an admin view where you can take submitted themes and convert them into active ones (which would then accept patches and allow people to download these and comment on them.
I'm not convinced about this app being integrated with the forum. Otherwise there'd probably be no advantage over just taking submissions by email and dropping them on the forum. I could also get this to send an e-mail to the pd-list when a theme is activated (I don't know if there'd be any problems with automated e-mails to the list?)
As I say, stick with the forum for now. I'll post a prototype once I've managed to put something together. Then you can decide if it's worth developing further.
Andrew