[PD] (focus) out of gemwin

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 20 18:56:51 CEST 2011

Le 2011-10-20 à 15:27:00, stéfan piat a écrit :

> is there a way to change the window in focus from puredata ?

I don't think so.

But it wouldn't be hard to switch the focus in an external using the
XSetInputFocus command from libX11.

However, I have never tried it, and I wonder whether it will lock the
focus to that window, because the «fullscreen» Gem window uses the
override_redirect option (of X11), which tells the window manager to back
off and not touch the window.

Anyway, what I implemented to replace most uses of override_redirect in
GridFlow ([#out x11]) is a message named «border» that you specify anytime
while the window is open, and which toggles the border, using a window
manager option standard called MWM Hints.