[PD] Array Size limits

Daniel Embleton crumbly.bwfc at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 15:17:03 CEST 2011

I know this question has been asked a couple of times before but i see that the posts are now quite old and, to be honest, i couldn't make sense of the replies as my understanding of puredata is somewhat limited. Basically i've been tasked with creating a patch that will accept full quality audio files, playing sections of the file back in a random order, to do this i understand that i will have to load the file into an array but the number of samples seems to be limited. Is there a way to lift this limit? I'm running windows 7 if that is relevant in any way.
Thanks, Dan.