[PD] editing pd silence

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Sat Oct 22 15:29:03 CEST 2011

On 10/22/2011 02:39 PM, saskia diez wrote:

> I just discover this since i bought a nice speakers, before i
> havent realize that sound editors add that hiss.

i could hardly believe that, but you are right! i have just created a
file with writesf~, ensured that it contained only zeros (hexeditor),
loaded it in audacity, exported as 16bit wav, and after normalizing,
there was a lot of noise.

> Why is that? is it possible to avoid that?

dithering maybe? i have checked with another editor (mhwaveedit), and
it did not add noise. so using another editor would be a solution. or
saving in another format than 16bit wav ("other uncompressed format"
in audacity), you would need another program to convert the file for
buring on cd (or whatever) though.

bis denn!
	martin