[PD] drag n' drop OSX tkdnd ect .... + Gem on 10.5 extended autobuilds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Oct 22 19:39:48 CEST 2011

On Oct 22, 2011, at 11:47 AM, m.e.grimm wrote:

> hey hans,
>
> just tried drag n' drop plug on windows. too bad we dont use windows
> here.
>
> just checking status of tkdnd-plugin.tcl on OSX.

Funny enough, drag-n-drop was easiest to implement on Windows.  For
Mac OS X, it requires Tk/Cocoa, which Pd-extended doesn't fully
support yet.  That is the future, so that would be a great project for
someone to take on.  Basically, if you build Pd vanilla or Pd-extended
on Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion withOUT installing Tcl/Tk, you'll be
using Tk/Cocoa.  Then you can find the bugs, report them, and even fix
them :)  If someone did a survey of how many bugs there are, and finds
that there aren't many, I could be convinced to make Pd-extended 0.43
use Tk/Cocoa.  My time for working on this Pd-extended release is
quickly running out.

> also.... did i miss something? Gem builds not on 10.5 extended
> autobuilds?
>
> just noticed.

Gem will be included, I'm just waiting to hear from IOhannes on his
plans for Gem development.  It wasn't building on Mac OS X 10.5,
that's why I removed it.

publicity.          - Bill Moyers