[PD] expr alternative

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Mon Oct 24 16:46:03 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 08:36:39AM +0100, Andy Farnell wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:16:18 +0900
> i go bananas <hard.off at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > in that case, it might be as simple as a nice email to Shadrokh Yadegari to
> > get his expr for pd license changed to LGPL too??
>
> What makes you think its okay to ask someone to reconsider a
> carefully made moral decision simply for your convenience?

I don't know the specifics of the expr case, and it may well be that the GPL
is something that Shadrokh Yadegari feels strongly about.  Still, as a data
point, when the codebase that is now Apache Lucy was granted to the ASF and we
had to get 20 copyright holders to sign off on on a license change from
GPL/Artistic to Apache 2.0, not a single one of them objected.  Not everyone
cares.