[PD] maximum array display size 2000 points?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:16:53 CEST 2011

yes, I think I also once stumbled on that, but don't recall as well.

here is a small test, but inconclusive. an array with 120 points can be
stretched up to 550000 pixels, and is still ok.
But an array with 120K points can only be stretched up to 1000 pixels.
After that the display gets cut (the array is still fine).

Also another issue: if you have an array with 550000 pixels in your patch
(doesn't happen every day, right?), and you slide to the right corner,
when you try to create objects there, they'll appear somewhere else. Has
tcl/tk a limit for the canvas size?
Slide the patch to the right, at some point you'll see a couple of loose
comments. They're in that position, although I was in the right corner of
the patch when I pressed ctrl-5.

the file is zipped, or it takes too much space for a mailing list.