[PD] expr alternative

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Oct 24 18:45:12 CEST 2011

Am 23.10.2011 um 19:27 schrieb i go bananas:
> or has anyone ever tried contacting the original authors and asking them to change the license so it can fit in with pd's standard BSD ??

I've had the pleasure to meet Shahrokh Yadegari a few weeks back here in Weimar and asked him about just that. He said he always wanted to change the license to BSD.
IIRC it is based on some older code which has a  licence attached he can't change, so he would like to rewrite those parts but simply didn't find the time to do that yet.
On the website ( http://crca.ucsd.edu/~yadegari/expr.html ) is written:
“Based on original sources from IRCAM's jMax
Released under GNU's General Public License.”

According to Shahrokh that would take him under a week to do but it was a matter of time/priority that it had not happened as of today.
So maybe asking him nicely could to the trick. Or send a voucher for week in a californian retreat...

Max