[PD] [semi-OT]: Licenses [WAS] Re: expr alternative

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Tue Oct 25 09:36:20 CEST 2011

Trying not to drift this to the usual 'anti-Apple'  thing and no direct
critique to the OP, But:
I think it's in a way good that people realise some of the close-minded
(at the most) views and policies of Apple. And their consequences.
Especially in the 'creative/artistic' landscape which the company
targets so much.
Are yo u frustrated because a cool GPL software (like Pd) can't run on
you latest iToy? I say: good! Are you frustrated because Apple withdrew
a programme from the AppStore because they judged it 'inadequate'? I
say: good. You are probably starting to open your eyes.
Go pester Apple as much as you can *before* coming to the developer and
'ask' him/her (as politely, kindly, tenderly  as you like) to change
their license which is often not only some piece of shallow legality
thing but (especially in the case of FLOSS) a personal, ideal often
hard, decision.

That said, it is obviously developers' sacred right to decide what the
hell they like with their (often hard-worked) code.

All IMHO.

Lorenzo.