[PD] [semi-OT]: Licenses [WAS] Re: expr alternative

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 11:17:34 CEST 2011

I'm glad you caught my drift Lorenzo.

It was never Matt's asking that bothered me, nor the
letter nor the spirit of the authors' licences'.

But it was the reasons for him feeling the need to ask in the
first place.

The mechanism by which a simple manufacturer of hardware gets
to set themselves up as arbiters of taste, decency, political
correctness, code quality, economic models, acceptable use...

... is baffling and disturbing.

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>