[PD] expr alternative

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 19:45:04 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

If someone rewrites it with a 3-clause BSD license, I hope they also address some of
expr family's shortcomings.  The ones I know are 1) string concatenation with dollarsign
variables doesn't work, and 2) all the expr objects have a Max-centric view of numbers
that clashes with Pd's "everything-is-a-float" philosophy.  (If you don't understand
what I mean, matju has written about it on the list and I've also documented it in the
revised PDDP help patches for expr.)

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/more-about-the-app-store-gpl-enforcement