[PD] drag n' drop OSX tkdnd ect .... + Gem on 10.5 extended autobuilds

m.e.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:49:38 CEST 2011

 this is def. some kind of cursor problem. this specifically happens
when i go into edit mode with "command + e" as in the error below
which keeps the same out of edit mode pointer.

".x1002263c0 editmode 1;
.x1002263c0 configure -cursor $cursor_editmode_nothing
pdtk_canvas_editmode .x1002263c0 1

.x1002263c0 key 0 101 0;

.x1002263c0 key 0 ?? 0;
Oct 25 13:39:12 megrimm-mbp.local Pd-0.43.1-extended-20111024[22508]
<Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSRegisterCursorWithImages: Invalid
hot spot (outside of size)

.x1002263c0 motion 169.0 51.0 0;"

Edit mode enabled from menu, on the other hand, renders a double
pointed arrow shown in the attached image screen grab.

Although CGSRegisterCursorWithImages yield no results (other than this
thread), CGSRegisterCursorWithData does, although still fairly limited
with some highlighted non-pd related errors logged below.

"13 nsWindow::SetCursorResource(short)
                                    10 SetCursor
                                      10 SetCGXORCursor
                                        10
CGSSetCursorFromPremultipliedDataWithSeed
                                          10 CGSRegisterCursorWithData
                                            10 CGSRegisterCursorWithData2
                                              10 _CGSRegisterCursorWithData
                                                10 mach_msg
                                                  10 mach_msg_trap
                                                    10 mach_msg_trap"

"Thread 0:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x90009857 mach_msg_trap + 7
1 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x903a684a _CGSRegisterCursorWithData + 356
2 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x903a6111 CGSRegisterCursorWithData2 + 954
3 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x903bfe86 CGSRegisterCursorWithData + 163
4 com.apple.QD 0x9176ebc6 QDRegisterNamedPixMapCursor + 1546"

"1 CursorTimer(TMTask*)
            1 CursorInterrupt()
              1 SetCursor
                1 CGSSetCursorFromPremultipliedDataWithSeed
                  1 CGSRegisterCursorWithData
                    1 CGSRegisterCursorWithData2
                      1 _CGSRegisterCursorWithData
                        1 mach_msg"

Funny enough, I also stumbled upon a forum post by you looking for
advice on "toplevel configure -cursor arrow updates without mouse
movement" from 2009.
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=22151861)

Could all this "CGSRegisterCursorWithImages" be related to your
previous Tcl pointer questions?

best