[PD] expr alternative

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 25 20:31:28 CEST 2011

Le 2011-10-25 à 10:45:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

> 2) all the expr objects have a Max-centric view of numbers that clashes
> with Pd's "everything-is-a-float" philosophy.  (If you don't understand
> what I mean, matju has written about it on the list and I've also
> documented it in the revised PDDP help patches for expr.)

That's also a current difference between [expr] and [#expr], though it
will probably not stay completely like that, because GF makes a big point
of having several different number types in grids. So, whenever I write
the other half of [#expr] (add grid processing), it will probably support
the 6 number types of grids, instead of the 2 of jMax/Max or the 1 of Pd.
Until then, [#expr] only does floats.

I think that [#expr] will not have ints outside of grids, but I have not
really thought about it yet.