[PD] expr alternative

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 21:38:39 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

It's worth noting that the current [expr] is both "Max-centric"-- because numbers
written as integers imply integer math-- and incompatible with Max-- because in object
boxes Pd strips the decimal from "1." which is a common idiom in Max to force float math.

Any attempt at a new/improved expr should realize this and just forget being max
compatible and try to make it as Pd-ish as possible.

-Jonathan