[PD] drag n' drop OSX tkdnd ect .... + Gem on 10.5 extended autobuilds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Oct 25 22:02:05 CEST 2011

On Oct 25, 2011, at 3:51 PM, m.e.grimm wrote:

> well commenting out lines 84 -> 86 in pdwindow.tcl stops the message:
>
> -----------
> UNHANDLED ERROR: can't find package tkdnd
>    while executing
> "package require tkdnd"
>    ("uplevel" body line 1)
>    invoked from within
> "uplevel #0 $tclcode"
> FAILED TO LOAD /Library/Pd/tkdnd-plugin.tcl
> -----------
>

> from appearing in the pd window.
>
> maybe thats something. IDK.

That's a red herring, you really want those lines in pdwindow.tcl
since they show you Tcl errors.  The UNHANDLED ERROR that you are
seeing is caused by the file /Library/Pd/tkdnd-plugin.tcl.  Remove
that file and it will go away.

> i will have to mess with i more when i get time. I also wanted to
> mention that I get spinning beachball and prog crash when I try to
> resize a new doc only starting from the bottom right. all other window
> resizing (upper left and right, bottom left) work fine. does that mean
> anything to you?

You can resize on the left, right, and bottom left now?  I guess
that's a Lion thing.

> anyway here is the crash report:

That seems to show stuff deep in Tcl, so its hard to know what's going
on from that.  Can you run Pd-extended 0.43 and trigger that crash,
and post the crash log to a pastebin.com?  It should have more info
since its built with debug symbols.