[PD] New versions of pd-l2ork now available on git

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Oct 26 20:30:22 CEST 2011

On Oct 26, 2011, at 2:03 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

>>> Is this based on Pd 0.43 ?
>>

>> Seems to be a mix, its got the 0.43 Tcl, but the 0.42 header:
>>
>> https://github.com/pd-l2ork/pd/blob/master/src/m_pd.h
>>
>> .hc
>
> Indeed, it is a mix. Some of our implementations (e.g. magicglass)
> got ported by Hans and some of upstream was backported. I feel like
> 0.43 Tcl code is not yet vetted enough for me to move in that
> direction (we're stuck in this in-between 0.42 and 0.43 version
> because a lot of time was spent squashing serious bugs, many of
> which appear to be present in the 0.43 branch). That said, pd-l2ork
> has close to 200 features and bugfixes that are unique to it. For
> more info, please see the Changelog.
>
> http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/data/pd/Changelog

I'd love to be able to include bugfixes from pd-l2ork. I looked thru
the code and I can't really find what changes belong to what Changelog
items.  Can you point me towards the code related to these Changelog
items, and expand on what they do, if you can?  Then I can work on
including them in Pd-extended:

*Implemented universal copy/paste
*Fixed gop redrawing issue when passed coords message via script
*finally discovered the root of all double-entry bugs (fingers
crossed) and reverted all other previous workarounds for this problem.
*fixed bug where patch cords were not getting erased (due to
fundamental fixes in the previous patch how the things are being
destructed, this has resulted in this bug being "hidden" until now).