[PD] drag n' drop OSX tkdnd

m.e.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 21:19:00 CEST 2011

yeah had a few min today to take some more look at this.

been reading up on the whole tk-cocoa thing too...

as far as I can tell, there are not multiple issues but one larger one
narrowed down to:

Oct 27 15:01:49 megrimm-mbp.local Pd-0.43.1-extended-20111027[15460]
<Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSRegisterCursorWithImages: Invalid
hot spot (outside of size)

which occurs specifically when switching with the mouse between the PD
console window and the canvas/patch window.

also I was totally wrong here:

>>> You can resize on the left, right, and bottom left now?  I guess that's a
>>> Lion thing.
>>
>> No I actually CAN NOT with the autobuild ONLY with my special tk/cocoa
>> build....

windows CAN be resized on lion from any corner (Any Corner Resizing)
although again, on my tk-cocoa build PD will crash when trying to
resize from the bottom right or left. This is NOT true of the PD
console window though which can be resized without a problem from any
corner.

my question is: whats the difference between the code for the PD
console window that allows for resizing at any corner and the PD
canvas windows that do not? I think this may be the heart of the prob
with the crashes and weird error (CGSRegisterCursorWithImages) ....
maybe.

other thing i am noticing is the mouse pointer keeping weird states
(double pointer, etc) without reverting back to a pointer. I also get
no "hand2" in edit mode. not sure if this is related to the windowing
problem though...

> I know that feeling all to well, it's nice to have some company in it.

i think im just starting to get old