[PD] GEM 0.93.1 crashing on Windows 7 64-bit

Joe Newlin jtnewlin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 07:41:35 CET 2011

With Pd-extended 0.42.5 and GEM 0.93.1. I have pthreadVC.dll in the /bin/
directory.

The following helpfiles, included with GEM, cause pd to crash:

pix_texture-help.pd
pix_tIIR-help.pd
pix_threshold-help.pd
pix_texture-help.pd

There are probably more, but I haven't checked because there is only so
much sadness I can handle in one night.

Pd crashes when trying to open the files by:
*starting pd and navigating to the patches from the File menu
*starting pd and trying to open the patches through the help browser
*starting pd, creating a new patch, creating the object - e.g.
[pix_texture] - and then right-clicking the object to open the help file
* double-clicking the file in explorer.

--
www.joenewlin.net
www.twitter.com/joe_newlin