[PD] [semi-OT]: Licenses [WAS] Re: expr alternative

Rick ricknance at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 11:58:16 CET 2011

I just want to point out, not that it changes your point so much, but
McCartney made Supercollider as a commercial venture for himself and
earned a living off of it for a while. I believe it was several
hundred dollars originally.

When he went to work for Apple, he released it into the opensource
realm (and returned the money for anyone who had bought it too close
to the opensource release)

Like I said, it doesn't change your argument any, but it is a point to note.

Also, not that it matters so much anymore, Apple's lossless codec is
now open source