[PD] Reason for different keyboard behavior of vanilla numberbox and nbx (Number2)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Oct 30 18:02:26 CET 2011

Le 2011-10-17 à 16:07:00, Lorenzo Sutton a écrit :
> On 17/10/2011 15:48, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>>  so that people can use digits and other things (the letter e...)
>> in keyboard commands about the patch (e.g. Jonathan's suggestion of
>> using digits as shortcuts to select inlets/outlets by their index).
>
> But on a numberbox? Or do you mean patch-wise, in this case
> inlets/outlets of *which* object?

I mean numberboxes' keyboard shortcuts should have limited scope such that
people can define patch-wide shortcuts that work without having to press
Escape after every Enter in a numberbox.

It doesn't matter if you don't want those keyboard shortcuts. This is why
Miller's Pd has been free of any concern for releasing numberbox focus.

Another shortcut could be used instead of Enter to get the current
behaviour, for people who need it.

But as Jonathan said, this only happen if you edit a numberbox' contents
from edit mode. That's possible, but it's also rare.