[PD] expr alternative

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 00:23:19 CET 2011

Sorry about the South Park bit Georg,

I was trying to be too clever and do a snotty thing, making
a scathing wise-guy commentary on a company and community,
while not "naming any names".

As a believer in plain communication I should have the
courage to just come out and say it:

Apple are a crap company, They treat their developers
like shit by making them pawns in a game, and it would serve
developers better to walk away from their platform and stop
helping them hurt free software.

There.

Unfortunately some sensitive people take issue with that
kind of plain talk.

And you're absolutely right, as I happily concede, asking is
appropriate, even if it does cause discomfort. Now, since
Hardoff asked both parties, and got an enthusiastic response
from the author, and IRCAM down the chain, we are just waiting
for Apple to enthusiastically respond or defend their position
with a cogent argument.

So far it's looking like Kafka's "Before the Law", except
with riddles and obfuscated tautologies in place of the
gatekeepers simple refusal.

Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>