[PD] OT: Poll: Csounds or SuperCollider or Chuck

Jean-Michel Dumas jm.dumas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 04:23:28 CET 2011

It's great to see pyo make an appearance in this discussion. For
completion's sake, here's the "128 sine waves with random freq mixed down
to stereo" example written in pyo. I find it much more readable than either
SC or cSound, but that's only a matter of taste i guess.

Sine([random.uniform(20,20000) for i in range(128)]).mix(2)

Since pyo is just another python module, all you have to do is import it in
a python script. You also get the power of all those other python modules
in your scripts.. very very fun.

For those who missed Michal's link the first time around:
http://code.google.com/p/pyo/ . Try it, you'll love it!™.

Cheers,

jm

2011/10/31 Epic Jefferson <jeffreyconcepcion at gmail.com>

> Thanks guys,  those are all great suggestions. And pyo looks interesting
> as well. I agree with jonathan. perhaps with a code example equivalent to
> SuperCollider's
>
> >>// 128 sine waves with random freq mixed down to stereo:
> >>{ Splay.ar(SinOsc.ar({ExpRand(100, 5e3)} ! 128)) }.play
>
> in CSound, we could have a better idea of the different coding
> perspectives.
>

> 2011/10/31 Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com>

Jean-Michel Dumas, Directeur Technique

Université de Montréal, iACT / Faculté de Musique

 <jm.dumas at umontreal.ca>tél. 514-343-2172 | téléc. 514-343-5727

http://www.iact.umontreal.ca

http://www.jmdumas.org

http://magasin.bandcamp.com