[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:45:16 CET 2011

Wow, so many answers in so short time. Thank you all.

To clarify, the moving squares in the video are sliders and / or
radiobuttons, and they are moved in runtime. Attached is a patch
demonstrating the idea, using [toxy/tot].

As it seems, [iemguts/receivecanvas] could do this job indeed. It
captures cursor position relative to the object's containing window,
or relative to a parent if so desired. Phew, this will save my
projects! I never knew about the existence of [iemguts/receivecanvas].
It has no helpfile. I'd be happy to make one though. Hopefully the iem
libs will stay a bit longer than toxy, though they're now categorized
as 'unsupported, included libraries'.

Jonathan, can you explain how a larger area of a polygon can be made
reactive in runtime? Do you have a demo patch? I'm still interested in
the data structure route, since I use them for parameter values
anyway, and it is a bit underestimated aspect of Pure Data in my view.

Katja