[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Nov 2 22:04:36 CET 2011

On Nov 2, 2011, at 4:15 PM, katja wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:54 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
>
>>> I never knew about the existence of [iemguts/receivecanvas].
>>> It has no helpfile. I'd be happy to make one though. Hopefully the iem
>>> libs will stay a bit longer than toxy, though they're now categorized
>>> as 'unsupported, included libraries'.
>>
>> it has; at least in the svn [1], there is a "help/" holder with a helpfile.
>
> Ah yes. File receivecanvas-help.pd is not in my Pd-extended 0.42.5
> install, but it is present in 0.43 nightly builds, like other iemguts
> help files missing in this 0.42.5 binary. Thanks for pointing to
> [receivecanvas], and even more thanks for providing these useful
> classes.

As for iemguts support, I think IOhannes is actively developing iemguts, so its supported on that level.  It just needs someone to make sure that it continues to work properly in Pd-extended.  That should be a pretty easy job, since iemguts is based somewhat off of the Library Template.

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne