[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 23:08:00 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----

Sure.  The attached allows the 50x30 polygon to be click-dragged anywhere
within the polygon-- basically ds hotspots happen in a 10x10 quadrant within
the polygon when an x/y pair is specified with a field variable, so I'm forcing
hotspots for the entire polygon by spacing all field value coordinates no more
than 10 pixels from each other.  (You can overlay a simpler polygon if you want
a cleaner-looking control surface.)

My example allows click-dragging, but leaves out the ability to click-select
an object and move it by clicking a blank spot on the canvas.  You could do
this by defining an additional data structure with a white rectangle, and make a
matrix of scalars to fill the canvas.  Then when you click a "blank" area of the
canvas, you're actually clicking the white scalar rectangle which will send a
"click" message to its [struct], and you can then move the selected control-surface
scalar to the corresponding quadrant.  (That's the hacky part.)

-Jonathan