[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:10:52 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

> How does the cpu usage in my demo compare to your patch where you use
> a radiobutton?

Here's a cpu load comparison of objects dragged continuously (on intel
mac 2GHz):

polygon in movable_box2.pd: 23 %
polygon in 07.sequencer.pd (help browser): 16%
radiobutton in moving_objects.pd: 12 %
regular Pd slider: 13 %
2D geo in a gem window: 2.5%

Your polygon method is plain vanilla Pd and that makes it attractive
for a widely shared Pd patch. No risk of broken dependencies. But I am
afraid it is too cpu-intensive, particularly on Windows. Thanks for
sharing the idea though, it is inspiring.

Katja