[PD] symbol2list leading zero

rolf meesters rolfmeesters at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:46:24 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> As long as its a float, it'll be converted to the simplest form.  So 0
> is the simplest form of 00.  The same would happen with 0.0000.  So if
> you need 00 in a symbol, you'll need generate it by some other method
> first, like sending the list [0 0( to [list2symbol].

understand i well then, that parsing an unknown text the character '0' runs
the risk of disappearing when it's in a 'wrong' position.
and in Pd i will never know when this has happened.

> If you are using this for MAC addresses or other similar numbers, they
> usually consider 0 and 00 the same thing.

in WindowsXP register all the characters are needed in one string.

rolf

On Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:06 PM, "rolf meesters"