[PD] soundfiler is slow; readsf~ no filelength

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 4 02:18:02 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-03 à 19:04:00, Samuel Burt a écrit :

> Thanks, Hans, but iemlib/soundfile_info is also giving me the error.
> soundfile_info_read-error:  /filepath/growl.oeoeoe.01.aif is no RIFF-WAVE-file

I made this patch (attached) that does it either the long way (for current
releases of GridFlow) or the short way (with a feature I re-added to
GridFlow today).

The trick is to open the file, skip the first 22 bytes, and then read the
next 4 bytes as a 32-bit number with the most important byte first
(«big-endian»).

However, because the command for reversing the order of the bytes was
missing, I had to make my own converter by taking 4 separate bytes...

Anyway. Now you have something that works, and it's easy to add to your
patches. It does basically the same thing that [soundfiler] does, but
without reading the actual sound.

You need to install GridFlow from http://gridflow.ca/