[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 03:46:26 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----

Oh, wow-- lines, polygons, and text of scalars get deleted and recreated every time they
get moved.  This is what gets sent to the GUI for every motion event when dragging a
scalar (in run mode here):

.x291cf70.c delete curve291f238
.x291cf70.c delete curve291f238
.x291cf70.c create polygon\
217 175\
227 175\
227 185\
217 185\
-width 1.000000\
-fill #ff0000 -outline #000000\
-tags curve291f238
.x291cf70.c create line\
172 130\
272 130\
272 230\
172 230\
172 130\
-width 1.000000\
-fill #000000\
-tags curve291f238

I imagine if this were changed to tag the entire scalar and move it by tag,
it would improve the performance quite a bit.

-Jonathan