[PD] sssad saving big messages to text files

berenger recoules berenger.recoules at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 14:30:35 CET 2011

Hello list,

I'm trying to use sssad to save content of a patch designed to be used with
PdDroidParty. I understand the way it works for numbers and tables but is
there a way to save a full message to a textfile ? but more precisely how
to store several messages into the same textfile ?

I want to save data coming from the c_taptap abs from the rjdj lib, and
also save the analysis result of markov chains; both of which get dumped
into a message.

1-on the first hand for the c_taptap abs the message would look like this:
[0, 2, 8, (
2-on the second hand markov messages would be something like this : [3, 27,
3, 9, 33, 9, 7, 31, 7, 5, 17, 5, 11, 35, 11, 3, 15, 3, 0, 0, 0, 3, 27, 3,
9, 9, 9, 7, 19, 7, 5, 29, (

-> 1 should be easy enough I could dump that to a table or even unpack to
single values since i know the max size of the message.
-> the main issue is with the second type of message since the max size
will change each time the chains are trained. I could dump it into a "big
enough" table to be saved, but it doesn't seem very elegant. Is there a way
to dynamically resize tables ? or a better way to do what I want ?

thanks for reading

Bérenger