[PD] Osx Lion PD-extended problem

hans w. koch kochhw at netcologne.de
Fri Nov 4 16:09:09 CET 2011

sorry for chiming in very late, but i ran into the exact same problem today on a students computer while giving a pd-workshop in seoul.
the solution was quite funny: after a lot of head scratching, it dawned on me, that he might have pirated software from a certain company installed and in order to prevent the software from telephoning home, messed with his hosts file in /etc.
asking him out via the translator revealed, that this was indeed the case, only that he hadn´t applied the hack correctly and deleted the line "127.0.0.1	localhost" from his hosts file.
restoring that line made pd boot again.

hope this helps somebody in similar woes...
hans

www.hans-w-koch.net