[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy is discontinued?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 5 15:41:23 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-02 à 08:19:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :

> One thing is that any GUI objects created with [widget] cease to pass
> messages when the containing window gets unmapped.

Is that a problem...? What problem does that cause ?

Anyway, Pd does weird things with unmapped window... It deletes all
canvas-items whenever you minimise a window. I don't know whether it was
ever useful to save RAM back in 1995 when 16M would cost between 640 $ and
2000 $ (remember the RAM shortage racket ?), but this behaviour is part of
Pd, and you have to take into account, whether you use t_widgetbehavior or
Toxy.

I don't remember whether DesireData preserved that behaviour, but it's
possible that I didn't bother changing that (however, DD introduced
additional layers so that C code would hardly know what Tk is).