[PD] how to capture window-related mouse-events when toxy isdiscontinued?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 5 17:47:09 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-05 à 00:50:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> The problem with changing t_widgetbehavior is that it breaks binary compatibililty, I think.

Yes, and I already had made extra-crunchy hacks in GridFlow so that it can
be binary-compatible with both Vanilla and Extended while doing m_imp.h
hacks. This was because Extended introduced the quite unnecessary
m_blobmethod field.

So, I'd have to do another hack like that (but easier) to support L2Ork.
I'm not interested in distributing more binaries, so either Ivica
distributes his own GridFlow binaries, or preferably, I would have some
code to auto-detect L2Ork and act accordingly.

Coïncidentally, both binary-compat problems have to do with (different
parts of) the comment-inlet hack used in the GFDP helpfile «template».

There are similar binary-compat problems trying to deal with multiple
versions of Extended because GridFlow also links to GEM, which comes in
multiple binary-incompatible versions depending on the version of
Extended.

GF supports 3 different ABIs of GEM, but now there's a new ABI that it
isn't compatible with yet. It's the 3rd different GEM ABI to be labelled
«0.93» so far. (but I don't remember which versions of GEM are bundled
with Extended).